Tuesday 2 April 2019

Moong Dal Soup

Homemade soups are far more healthier than the ones out of a package or take aways from a hotel.

I serve hot piping nutritious soups for dinner,most weekdays...and my family looks forward to slurping it down with sides of salad ,crisps or breads.

Among the various combinations of soup that I make,I look forward to making and having The Moong Dal Soup..its a hearty ,fragrant and lipsmackingly tasty soup.,and since moong dal is a regular at most Indian homes..it is v.much recommended that you try it atleast once.

Moong has been a favorite dal and I cant wait to fill you in with details of the recipe.

Today is special as I posted my first cooking video. Moong Dal Soup
My family,friends and well wishers have been after me to start videos and posts...I have been extremely skeptical about many things..

Will it be a success or Will it fall flat on its face.,?

Will people call me names on You Tube..?

Will I be trolled?

With a whole lot of ifs and buts in my mind, I sat cozy and feeling safe...not having to present anything ...not to speak on video, and make people comment on my voice or way of speaking.etc etc

Well ,I have fought many a demon to get to Step One...and thats why,I guess ,with all its imperfections and audio glitches....this video will always remain close to my heart .

https://youtu.be/dnw-hq-_EyE



So now I will give you the detailed recipe


Moong Dal Soup


Moong Dal -1 cup

Carrots[orange ones] Peeled and chopped-2

Half a cup of Peas/One Capsicum chopped/ Quarter head of Cauliflower/ One Potato[any one vegetable]

Red Onions-2 chopped

Ginger-1 inch pc

Garlic 3-4

Green Chillies-to taste

4 cups of Water

Home made Vegetable/Chicken stock-upto 1 cup

Juice of One lemon[or  more]

Ghee 1 tsp

Coriander leaves for garnish

Cream and Pepper for Garnish

Masalas to be added

tsp Coriander Powder

1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder

1 tsp of dry roasted Cumin

Salt to taste


Method

In a pressure cooker ,  take one cup moong dal, add the vegetables[carrots,peas and onions],add the GGG[Ginger ,Garlic and Green Chilly] and the masalas.

Pour in 4 cups of water and mix well.

Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.

Allow it to cool fully before blending it.Blend it while adding some vegetable stock .

Pour the soup into a wok[or into the pressure pan used for cooking it]

Heat it on gentle heat so that it doesnt burn[thick soups do burn,and get stuck to the bottom of the pan]

Add a spoon of Ghee/Butter/Olive oil [This step is optional and can be bypassed fully]

Add the juice of One lemon [add more if you feel the need]

Add some chopped Coriander leaves and mix.


Take off heat and serve into bowls.

Garnish with some pounded pepper ,chopped coriander an fresh cream and lemon wedges.

Slurrrp awayyyyyy all your tiredness and hunger.

Heres the link to the video ↓↓↓↓

https://youtu.be/dnw-hq-_EyE


No comments: