Wednesday 7 February 2018

Ammas recipe of Mushroom Masala Curry

 My mother loves to eat and feed mushrooms.. She says it's versatile and takes up the flavour of what is added to it. . I can't agree more.

Everyone in the family loves mushroom.. Especially the Mushroom Pepper Fry that I make often.
Today, my sister in law was to visit me and join us for lunch.. So I decided to make something that's simple.. Naadan and different. This is a super silky gravy and richly coconutty in flavor.. Goes well with plain rice idli,dosa,chapathi,puri....anything!!

Helpline number called... My amma.. She has an answer to all my stupid and not so stupid queries ...and since this recipe is a favourite of her grandkids.. she loves to tell me time and again about it... And me being a dud.. Did not write it down..all times....
Well, this time.. I decided to become a good girl ....I am blogging it.😁😁




Here goes....

To Cook
Mushrooms washed and drained.. Chopped into big pieces
 Onion 1 medium ,
Small piece of ginger ,
3  Green chillies
 salt,
Chilly powder 1to 2tsp,
 Turmeric 1/2tsp
 coriander powder 2tbsp
 Garam masala powder  3/4 tsp


To Grind
1/2coconut grated ,
3-4cloves ,
Cinnamon 1medium size,
Cardamom 2

Grind the ingredients given under  To Grind to a smooth paste.. (You can add khus  khus ,or cashew nut also, if u fancy it.)


In a big vessel, mix all the ingredients under To Cook  and heat till the vegetable are cooked well.
Pour the ground paste into the cooked mushroom mix well and check the salt. Add some coriander leaves...


Tadka
Take a tsp or more of coconut oil in a kadai and heat.. Saute half an onion thinly sliced, till golden brown.. Pour over the curry.
Serve hot


TIP

I was running short of grated coconut so i ground what i had and added a pack of coconut milk...so thats do able ;)

No comments: