Wednesday 31 May 2017

Roast Duck


An excited post coming me....errr...I mean I am excited..lets hope the post is also exciting...
I had ordered for some duck from my dear friends home delivery service....and mind you I have never ever cooked duck...never.
So when the plucked fella came in,I jumped outta my skin..as he was whole..I mean dressed but not cut.....
Checked online n rounded in on a mix of a couple of recipes....
I decided to roast the duck...
Easier said than done.. Phooh!!

Well ,here goes my experiment
I kg duck (whole)
Cinnamon 1 inch pc
Cloves 3
Fennel seeds 1 tbsp
Pepper as per your desire
Orange rind from.1 orange
Salt
Stuffing
Onions 2
Garlic and ginger a few slivers
Half an orange sliced
Green chilly to taste
Glaze
Honey 1tbsp
Soya sauce 1tbsp
Orange juice from half an orange
Garlic crushed 2 cloves
Corn flour 1 tbsp
Method

Sear the duck skin..without cutting in too much..only skin.
Criss cross lines all over the body,legs n back.
Make a rub which consists of ,cinnamon,cloves,pepper, fennel(saumf),salt and powder this into a fine powder..now add some orange rind or lemon rind.
Rub this mix on the skin and insides of the duck...thoroughly...keep aside..
Now stuffing...chop onions, garlic,green chilly,ginger and any citrus.. Lemon or orange or grape fruit. Mix on some of the rubbing powder on this and stuff into the duck.
Cut some carrots,oranges,potatoes,onions and place around the duck.
Keep aside for two hours..
I was running late...so I directly roasted it.
Glaze...this is a liq we make to paint over the duck
Mix two to four tbsp of honey with ,some soya sauce,chilly sauce and orange juice from half orange..also add some crushed garlic and one tbsp corn flour....
Roast in a preheated oven 180 deg....for ..now calculate....20 mins for every 500 gms of duck.
After 20 mins of roasting..take the duck out and baste it with the glaze that we hv made..pour the rest of the glaze over the duck m vegetables..
Put the duck bk for the rest of the roasting...
When done...take off the oven n keep covered for at least 20 mins..
Carve n serve
Badabing 


:)

No comments: