Wednesday 20 March 2013

Star shaped Cuppy cakes

My little girl wanted her Amma to help her with some baking.She does help me in her little ways with cooking and cleaning up.,But today she wanted me to help her ,as she has  some "extra" marshmallows and  wanted to bake some cuppy cakes ,so she could use the marshmallows as icing.

So we got to work.She was a lenient Chef and allowed her "helper" to do most of the work:) and promised me that after the cuppy cakes were done and ready,she would give me time to relax .

I got her a recipe for simple cup cakes from   http://www.food.com/recipe/simple-vanilla-cupcakes-178370

and they turned out pretty fabulous,She was very pleased with the cuppy cakes and me :)

The only thing I changed in the recipe was,that I used salted butter. I guess it made up for the 1/2 tsp of salt I excluded from the recipe.


Once the cup cakes were our of the oven,my girl poured the tiny marshmallows over the cakes.The did not melt the way she intended them to.So to prevent her lips going the pouty way, I offered to melt the marshmallows in the microwave.They melted well and became a glossy cool icing for the star shaped cuppy cakes.





No comments: